Last Updated: July 2021, 2021
JaziLupini respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this Privacy Notice and all applicable data privacy laws. This Privacy Notice describes the types of personal information that we collect, how we use it, how and when it may be shared, and the rights and choices you have with respect to your information. It also explains how we communicate with you and how you can make requests or submit inquiries to us about your information. Our goal is to help you understand how we use your information to improve our products, services, marketing, and interactions with you, as part of our commitment to maintaining your trust.
This Privacy Notice, and other important policies, are important legal documents. If you do not agree with this Privacy Notice, or any of JaziLupini’s other terms, conditions, and policies posted on this website, please discontinue use of our services immediately.
1. APPLICABILITY AND SCOPE
This Privacy Notice (this “Notice”) applies to the website located at jazilupini.com and any other websites or applications owned and operated by JaziLupini brands or products that direct the viewer or user to this Notice (collectively, the “Services”).
In this Notice, the terms “JaziLupini”, “we”, and “us” refer to Big Bang Editing, LLC, a New York limited liability company d/b/a JaziLupini, and its respective subsidiaries and affiliated companies. Note that websites that are owned and operated by JaziLupini may contain links to digital properties that are owned and operated by other companies. This Notice does not apply to websites and services that are owned and operated by unaffiliated third parties.
2. UPDATES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
This Notice went into effect on the “Last Updated” date noted near the top of this page. We may update or change this Notice from time to time. Your continued use of this website after we post updates or changes is deemed to be acceptance of those updates or changes. We encourage you to look for updates and changes to this Notice by checking the “Last Updated” date when you access our websites and mobile applications. The most current version of our Privacy Notice can be found on this page, at jazilupini.com/privacy-policy.
3. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
As you use our Services, we collect information about you and the services you use. The information we collect falls into three main categories: (i) information you voluntarily provide us; (ii) information we collect from you automatically; and (iii) information we collect from other sources. We may combine information collected from or about you from these various sources and use it for all the purposes described below.
Information You Voluntarily Provide Us
We may collect information that you provide when you use our Services or otherwise communicate with us, such as during the following interactions:
- When you create a user account.
- When you make a purchase or register a product.
- When you register for communications (including to receive emails or text messages) or other subscriptions through this website, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, or any other digital or social media application.
- When you make a request or inquiry, contact customer support, or provide feedback.
- When you participate in a contest, promotion, sweepstakes, survey, rewards program, or promotional or marketing event.
- When you connect with us on social media.
- When you participate or comment in a blog or forum.
- When we conduct market research or when we meet you at a social or other event.
In these instances, we collect the following types of information (collectively, “User Information”):
- Contact information, such as your name, email address, phone number, and address.
- Authentication information, such as username, password, or reminder questions and answers.
- Order information, including products purchased and shipping preferences.
- Payment information, such as credit, debit, or other financial account information (this information is processed by and stored with our third-party payment processors; we do not store such information).
- Any other information you choose to provide.
You may also choose to permit us to access information directly from your device. The term “device” as used in this Notice refers to any computer, tablet, smart phone, or other device you are using to access the Services. Certain optional information may be shared with us through the Services, including names and email addresses from a device’s “contacts” list and advanced analytics information such as location data, diagnostic and usage data, and user interactions.
You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of any User Information that you transmit from or store on a device for the purposes of the Services, including all transactions and other activities undertaken with any user account registered in your name, whether authorized or unauthorized. You agree to immediately notify JaziLupini of any unauthorized transactions associated with the Services or any other breach of security. JaziLupini shall not be responsible for any losses arising out of the loss or theft of User Information that you transmit from or store on a device or from unauthorized or fraudulent transactions associated with the Services.
Information We Collect Automatically
As you navigate through and interact with our website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our website, including the date and time, the individual webpages or products that you view, the websites or search terms that referred you to our website, how you interact with our website, and other communication data.
- Information about your device and Internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, browser type, and Internet service provider.
- General information about the location of the device from which you are accessing the website (for example, approximate geographic location inferred from an IP address).
- As we and our service providers adopt additional technologies, we may also gather additional information through other methods.
We and others may use a variety of technologies to collect information about your device and use of our websites and mobile applications, including:
- Log Filestrack actions occurring on the website and collects data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring and exit pages, and date and time stamps.
- Web Beacons (also known as pixel tags, single-pixel GIFs, or clear GIFs) are small electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. We and our service providers may also include web beacons in email messages, newsletters, and other electronic communications to determine whether the message has been opened and for other analytics, personalization, and advertising.
Taken together, these technologies help us learn which services and functionality you are using and how you are accessing information about us. We may use this information to personalize your visit to a website or use of a mobile application or to send you relevant promotions and advertisements.
Most web browsers can be programmed to accept or reject the use of some or all of these technologies, although you must take additional steps to disable or control other technologies. For more information about tracking technologies and how to disable them, see please see the section of this Notice titled YOUR CHOICES.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may combine personal information that we collect about you with personal information you provide to us through other sources, such as product registrations, inquiries, or marketing events. We will use the combined personal information in accordance with this Notice for as long as it is combined.
4. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use your information for business and commercial purposes, including to provide the products and services you request, to perform customer service functions, for security and fraud prevention, for marketing and promotional purposes, and to perform website and mobile application analytics.
We may use the information we collect about you in a variety of ways, including:
To Provide Our Services. We process certain personal information when you access or use our services, including to:
- process your purchases of, or requests for, products and services;
- register and verify user accounts;
- support and improve our loyalty programs;
- allow you to send credits to other users of the Services, or to friends through the Services;
- facilitate the functionality of our websites and mobile applications, including payment-related functionality; and
- allow you to participate in surveys, sweepstakes, contests, and similar promotions and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules, which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose your personal information, so we recommend that you read these rules carefully.
To Communicate with You. We process certain information in order to communicate with you in relation to your accounts, our Services, our marketing, and your requests, including to:
- communicate with you about orders, purchases, returns, services, accounts, programs, contests, and sweepstakes;
- respond to your comments, questions, and customer service inquiries;
- post your comments or statements on our websites;
- send you personalized promotions, content, and special offers, including via email or text message;
- communicate with you about our brands, products, events, or other promotional purposes (see YOUR CHOICES below for information about how to opt out of these communications at any time); and
- provide important product safety information, notice of product recalls, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
For Research, Development, and Improvement of Our Services. We want to ensure that our website, mobile applications, and Services are continually improving and expanding so that we meet and exceed your needs and expectations. To do so, we may process certain personal information, including to:
- maintain, improve, and analyze our websites, mobile applications, and the products and Services we offer;
- conduct internal research and development and make business decisions about current and future product and service offerings;
- monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services;
- debug and repair errors in our products and Services and other activities to maintain and improve the quality and safety of our products and Services; and
- detect, prevent, or investigate suspicious activity or fraud.
To Enforce our Terms, Agreements, or Policies. To maintain a safe, secure, and trusted environment for you when you use our websites, mobile applications, and other services, we use your personal information to ensure our terms, policies, and agreements with you and any third parties are enforced.
To Comply with Applicable Laws. We may be required to process certain personal information under certain laws and regulations, such as tax laws, as well as to:
- maintain appropriate records for internal administrative purposes;
- cooperate with law enforcement and protect the rights (including free speech), interests, safety, or property of JaziLupini or its employees, customers, service providers, or other third parties; and
- comply with applicable legal and regulatory obligations, and respond to lawful governmental requests, as needed.
With Your Consent. We may process certain personal information in order to fulfill any other business or commercial purposes at your direction or with your consent.
5. HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your information as needed to fulfill the purposes described in this Notice and as permitted by applicable law. This includes sharing among JaziLupini-affiliated entities for internal business purposes, sharing with service providers to help perform business functions at our direction, sharing with your consent, sharing for marketing purposes, sharing as part of corporate transactions, and sharing to protect lawful interests. We may disclose your information to companies and individuals we employ to perform business functions on our behalf. An example of a third party that could receive your personal information is a data processing contractor that operates computer systems on our behalf or a company with whom we transact business for the purposes of aggregating and analyzing demographic information or offering certain products, services, contests, sweepstakes, or promotional events.
We may disclose personal information that we collect or that you provide as described in this Notice:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of JaziLupini’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by JaziLupini about our website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use the “email a friend” feature of our website, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, health, or safety of JaziLupini, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We may aggregate, de-identify, and/or anonymize any information collected through the websites or mobile applications in such a way that we cannot reasonably link information to you or your device. For example, we may use the information to calculate the percentage of JaziLupini customers who have a particular telephone area code or who use an Android device or an iOS device, or we may combine information about the nature or frequency of your transactions with similar information about other people and share the aggregated information for statistical analysis and other business purposes. Because this type of information cannot be reasonably linked to you, we may use and disclose aggregated and or de-identified information for any purpose, without restriction.
6. YOUR CHOICES
You have control over your promotional communications preferences, cookie settings, interest-based advertising preferences, and more.
Account Information.You may update and correct certain account information you provide to us at any time by logging into your online account. If you wish to deactivate your account, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
Promotional Communications.You can opt out of receiving promotional emails and mailings by informing us of your preference at the time you sign up for an account, by modifying your promotional preferences online in your account’s profile management section, following the “unsubscribe” instructions in the promotional emails we send you, or emailing us at email@example.com. Please note that if you opt out of receiving promotional communications from us, we may still send you transactional communications, including emails about your account or purchases.
Text Message Marketing.With your permission, we may send text messages about our store, new products, and other updates. Updates include checkout reminders. Webhooks will be used to trigger the checkout reminders messaging system. If you no longer wish to receive text messages from us, you may opt out by replying STOP, END, CANCEL, UNSUBSCRIBE, or QUIT to any mobile message from JaziLupini. You may receive an additional mobile message confirming your decision to opt out.
Cookies, Web Beacons, and Similar Tracking Technologies. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies by adjusting the appropriate settings in your browser. Each browser is different, but many browsers have preferences or options that may be adjusted to allow you to either accept or reject cookies and certain other technologies before they are set or installed or allow you to remove or reject the use or installation of certain technologies altogether. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
Interest-Based Ads. Many advertising companies that collect information for interest-based advertising are members of the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) or the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI), both of which maintain websites where people can opt out of interest-based advertising from their members. To opt-out of website interest-based advertising provided by each organization’s respective participating companies, visit the DAA’s opt-out portal available atoptout.aboutads.info or the NAI’s opt-out portal available atoptout.networkadvertising.org. To opt-out of data collection for interest-based advertising across mobile applications by participating companies, download the DAA’s AppChoices mobile application opt-out offering here:youradchoices.com/appchoices. Additionally, you can opt out of targeted advertising on Facebook viafacebook.com/adpreferences/ad_settings.
“Do Not Track” Technology. We may use data collection technologies to obtain information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites (behavioral tracking). Some newer web browsers have a “Do Not Track” preference that transmits a do-not-track header to the websites you visit with information indicating that you do not want your activity to be tracked. We currently do not respond to browser do-not-track signals, as there is no standard for how online services should respond to such signals. As standards develop, we may develop policies for responding to do-not-track signals that we will describe in this Notice.
7. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
JaziLupini uses commercially reasonable methods consistent with industry practice to protect your personal information from unauthorized access or disclosure. While we consider these policies and procedures to be adequate, there is still a risk that your personal information could be misappropriated. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is completely secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal information. You are responsible for protecting your password(s) and maintaining the security of your devices. If you have any questions about security on our site, you can send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. RETENTION AND DISPOSAL OF YOUR INFORMATION
JaziLupini stores personal information as needed to accomplish the purposes identified in this Notice and to meet legal requirements, including record retention, dispute resolution, and enforcement of agreements. Our retention of your personal information is governed by applicable law. This storage period may extend beyond the term of your relationship with JaziLupini. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
- The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide requested services to you.
- Whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, certain laws require us to keep records of your transactions for a certain period of time before we can delete them).
- Whether retention is advisable in light of our legal position (such as in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation, or regulatory investigations).
The personal information that you provide us is stored and processed on servers in the United States. Regardless of the company or person who processes your information and where it is processed, we will take steps to transfer and protect your information through appropriate safeguards in accordance with applicable data protection laws and this Notice.
When personal information is no longer needed, or in any event, after legal authority to retain it has expired, personal information will be destroyed, in accordance with local law and pursuant to procedures established in relation to the relevant JaziLupini system or process.
9. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
We do not intend for our websites or online services to be used by anyone under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected or received personal information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental or legal guardian consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to request access to the information that JaziLupini has gathered about you through the Services, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (585) 348-8579.
Big Bang Editing, LLC
Attention: Privacy Compliance Officer
250 E Main St, Rochester, NY 14604